Subject: Re: [Leica] Australian Leica Service Antics...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 09:07:38 -0600

At 05:00 PM 3/4/99 +1100, you wrote:
>Wonder how many pros on this list would stay in business
>if it took them 5 days to issue an initial quote!  I've
>gone from intial query to finished product in less time!!!

Consider yourself lucky. Nikon Professional Services takes 2 to 3 weeks at
least to fix anything on rush! What do you expect? Yours is not the only
camera/lens to go in for repair. At certain times of the year (spring,
before vacation time, up here) is a real busy time. Plus, you seem to be
the victim of bad timing. Why should they bump other people's work to look
at yours?

That's assuming they weren't just sitting around drinking coffee and
playing cards. If they were, ignore this message.

Of course, it tool Leica 10 days to fix my 35 Summilux ASPH.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Canadian DOS prompt: EH