Subject: [Leica] Australian Leica Service Antics... -Reply
From: Gareth Jolly <gareth.jolly@minters.com.au>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 18:26:00 +1000

You mean - 2 working days time.

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Gareth Jolly (Australia)

>>> Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com> 4/March/1999 04:00pm >>>
Adeal are the sole Australian distributor for Lieca
equipment.  They are also the main Aust. service point
for Leica cameras and lenses.

*Sent them my 90mm R Summicron yesterday to get it serviced.
They got it today, but won't look at it until *Tuesday*
next week!

Reasons...

o  Too late to do anything today, Thursday (at 16:30pm?)

o  Their lens technician isn't in Friday

o  They don't work weekends

o  Monday is a public holiday in VIC (the state in which
   they are located).

So the earliest they can *give me a quote* (let alone
even start to work on it) is Tuesday, in 5 day's time.

!

Wonder how many pros on this list would stay in business
if it took them 5 days to issue an initial quote!  I've
gone from intial query to finished product in less time!!!

Ah yes, Australia.  Nice place to visit, but a hopeless
place to do business.

As you can guess - I'm fuming at this.

After a lot of arm twisting I managed to *force* one
of their technicians to look at it tomorrow (Friday),
but why do you have to kick people to do the job they
are paid to do anyway?...

Wonder if LUGgers in other countries face such Leica
service slackness?

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

VR MEDIA  SOUND  PHOTO  JAVA