Subject: Re: [Leica] old outmoded lightmetering........
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:06:29 -0400

Topher:

I think what you are describing is called an extinction type lightmeter.
It has ND filters of varying degrees and you pic the filter where you can
just no longer see the subject through it.  I guess it is probably as
accurate as your eye is sensitive to light.  They were probably designed on
the average persons light sensitivity.

As to where to get one, you may have to wait for a reply from the more
knowledgeable on the list like Marc Small.

Regards,

Robert