Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica on motorcycle
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 08:32:29 -0400

Nathan:

I did a 1,700 km trip from Nova Scotia to North Carolina.  I took an M6,
Noctilux, 35mm Summilux ASPh, and a 90mm Tele-Elmarit.  I carried them in
an Alice bag inside of my tank bag on a Suzuki RF900R.  In case there was
vibration, I put a layer of soft foam on the bottom of the tank bag and
then placed the Alice on top of it.  The motor cycle tanks tend to be
mounted in rubber which absorbs a bit of the vibration while hard luggage
attached to the frame of the bike.  Your other luggage that is fixed to the
frame may transmit too much vibration.  On my web page with pictures of the
trip, you can see the Alice bag peeking out from the tank bag in the
Washington Photo.
http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/trip.htm

Regards,

Robert