Subject: Re: [Leica] answers??
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:46:24 -0500

Allan;
A tip I learned from an old pro was a threshold method of metering in
difficult situations. If you are shooting to get the shadow details, meter
the shadowv area ( a spot meter does help here, but I've done it with a
Weston Master V!), where you want some shadow to show up, then close down
two stops from that reading.
If pershance you are metering for highlight detail, meter the desired
highlight detail area, and OPEN up three stops.
It works the majority of the time, especially with portraits, and
landscapes, and usually if you have time to meter a scene carefully, you can
always bracket a stop.
Dan