Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R
From: "ross mcleish" <cram@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:44:17 +1100

Terry asked:

>Does Leica manufacture extension tubes for the R fixed focal length and
>zoom lenses? I've seen no mentioning of same in Leica's literature and
>in books. If  they don't, whose tubes are compatible? Thanks!

Terry, try to get a copy of the Leica - 'Handbook of the Leica System' for
details of the above. My copy is out of date (being 1996/1997) and I beleive
the 98/99 is now widely available.  It will serve you as an excellent
reference to spare parts and accessories. There is a Macro-Adaptor-R , order
# 14-256, for f/2/50mm, f/2.8/60mm, f/2/90mm, f/2.8/135mm, f/2.8/180mm,
f/3.4/180mm. Also there is Ring Combination for Close Focus Range, order #
14-159, for the same objectives excluding the 60mm. If however you need
focal length extension there are the Apo-Extender-R 1.4x and -R 2x, order #
11-249 and # 11-262 respectively (these of course may be used with a range
of lenses including some of the zooms - you should check the chart published
in the Handbook to see whether each extender is suitable for your particular
lenses.