Subject: [Leica] 280mm f2.8 Apo-Telyt-R
From: "ross mcleish" <cram@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:08:52 +1000

- ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BE81E2.7A5C1680

Today I finally took the plunge and bought that beautiful pre-modular =
280mm f2.8 Apo-Telyt-R that I mentioned to the LUG a few weeks ago ( =
thanks for all the advice received/comments at that time...). It is in =
really good condition, came in original aluminium case with ND1 filter, =
etc.
My question to the group this time: In the cardboard filter box sitting =
in the lens case, there are 2 black (rubberised?) rings. Apparently =
unused by the previous owner (the lens looks hardly used, too, although =
several years old) these rings are a bit of a mystery.......are they =
supposed to be inserted under the filter at the front of the lens??? =
That is the only place which I can conceive they will fit, although the =
lens arrived with filter in place, without them . Hope one of you whom =
is a current/past user of this objective can shed some light (no pun). =
Many thanks, as always!
May the light be with the LUG
Ross=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BE81E2.7A5C1680

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Today I finally took the plunge and bought that =
beautiful=20
pre-modular 280mm f2.8 Apo-Telyt-R that I mentioned to the LUG a few =
weeks ago (=20
thanks for all the advice received/comments at that time...). It is=20
in&nbsp;really good condition, came in original aluminium case with ND1 =
filter,=20
etc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My question to the group this time: In the cardboard =
filter=20
box sitting in the lens case, there are 2 black (rubberised?) rings. =
Apparently=20
unused by the previous owner (the lens looks hardly used, too, although =
several=20
years old) these rings are a bit of a mystery.......are they supposed to =
be=20
inserted under the filter at the front of the lens??? That is the only =
place=20
which I can conceive they will fit, although the lens arrived with =
filter in=20
place, without them&nbsp;. Hope one of you whom is a current/past user =
of this=20
objective can shed some light (no pun). Many thanks, as =
always!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>May the light be with the LUG</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ross</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01BE81E2.7A5C1680--