Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Autofocus & Leica
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:37:45 -0800

D Khong wrote:

> While film loading is an essential part of handling any camera, I find that
> film loading on my F90 or G2 or even my P&S a breeze compared to my M6.
> With the former I always get frame #1 after a short whirrrrrr.  The
> baseplate on the M6 is a pain, the flap at the back offers at most a peek,
> and when the film is wound I have to consciously eye the rewind knob to
> confirm that the film is truly running.

I agree.  I can load an M2 much faster than my new M6.  I am beginning
to wonder if I can convert the M6 from "fast" load to M2 FAST load.
I've followed every post on the list on how to load an M6 and it is
still a pain.  And if you don't get the leader locked in, getting the
film back out is difficult.  I get wondering if I'm going to dent the
shutter.  The M2 is a breeze.  I can do it on the run, in the dark,
whatever.  Of course, if I get a few thousands rolls through the M6,
maybe I'll catch on.

donal
- --
Donal Philby