Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Getting Close and Discreet
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 09:11:38 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

It's not the intrusion of individuals in my "public" life (i.e., on the
street) that I'm worried about...I've made that perfectly clear...it's
the organized intrusion by 'bodies' that I'm against....and of course,
I've never made the argument for ANY intrusion, individual or "organization"
(government) in ANY person's private life or in their home...we're ONLY
talking about photography on public streets or in clearly public area...
parks, etc... the only 'gray' areas I see are restaurants and other
businesses....I believe that these are private, and would allow the
owner/operator to make virtually all decisions in these cases....the customers
can take their business elsewhere if they don't agree with the owner's
views, and the owner can decide whether or not to lose such business....
once BASIC health safety issues are met, stay out of our lives....

Professional word twisters don't bother me, as long as they don't have
power over me.  That's when I worry.

Walt