Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras as political tools?
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 08:44:42 -0200

At 10:36 AM 07/04/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca> wrote:
>
>>Life is politics, cameras are political tools, pictures are political
>statements....
>
>That's an interesting personal viewpoint, but I wonder how widely
>accepted it is?
>
>Personally, I spent a fair bit of the easter weekend using my
>non-politicals tool to take dozens of non-political pictures of my new
>puppy playing in the garden, and taking dozens more of one of my
>favourite subjects - my wife.

        At the top of my post I did mention...
"...with the possible exception of photographing my wife and daughter..."

        Yes it is a personal view. But politics exists on many personal,
public, conscience and subconscious levels. There are a lot of things in
life we do, make decision about that are influenced by politics.

        Of, course this has nothing to do with the profession of politics.
A person view about human rights, social welfare, foreign affairs, judicial
function... are all influenced by politics.

I'm not sure about engineering, though :^)

regards,
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm