Subject: Re: [Leica]metering middle grey
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 20:07:51 -0800

I've said it before and (are you ready?) I'll say it again.

The ISO of film is mostly dependant on the lab.  So calibrate to your
lab with one incident meter, then adapt all the rest to match.  Good
repair shops can adjust in-camera meters.   Most labs will not charge
for processing test rolls to establish this standard and the good ones
will have a densitomer to analyze the color chart that you shot for a
test.  And of course, all labs vary from day to day and hour to hour, so
after you have done all those scientific tests and calibrations--snip
and bracket.

I have come to think that one of the most important skills professional
photographers must master is abreviated: CYA.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego