Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: metering middle grey
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 07:56:15 -0700

Mark wrote:

>My Minolta spot meter isn't supposed to focus that close if you can
>believe that because I'm not sure I do. I'll do the palm as a zone vi
>thing or:
>Aim at the darkest texture zone iii
>Aim at the lightest texture zone viii>>>>>>>>>

Howdy folks,

I'm allowed one post for this month!!! :)

Man this grey? / gray? cardboard thing appears to be a terrible waste of
picture taking time, can't imagine how you lads and lasses go on about
something like this when you use Leica (of course other cameras are OK
to):)

Everytime someone gets on about metering, here, there, everywhere, zone
this, that, white & black, grey deep or light, then start comparing
readings. Whew what a terrible waste of time.

Meter reading? I just  smile to myself, go take pictures while you screw
around checking 42 different readings. Then zoning out each meter one unto
the other.

And when you ask,  "OK smart ass how did you meter for that?"

Now I really have a nice warm fuzzy feeling.:)  "I just look through the
Leica and when the two little red arrowheads light up I press the "click
button!" :)

That's all folks!:) :) :)

Have a nice time with the rag assing nonsense about grey/gray? cards, the
limits of the US Constitution, bad cops good cops, Shutterbug and what
appears to be a lengthy list of the greatest time wasting topics and space
I've seen in some time. Notice I didn't mention real good Leica topics
once!:)

When you should all:

 " GRAB YOUR DAMN LEICA, WHATEVER MODEL & GO TAKE PICTURES!!!!!

bye,

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant