Subject: Re: [Leica] How to get kids interested into ( Leica ) photo ?
From: "David L. Duff" <duffdl@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:26:34 -0700

V8PWR@aol.com wrote:

> Hello Dan and all leica users.
> To me it's very easy to get children to be interested into photography.
> Just have to remember that kids love touching everything , not only with the
> eyes... ...My wife is scarred about me leaving such a high value camera in there
> hands but there has never been a problem since they have the strap.
You're much braver than I. I let my oldest daughter (then 15 months old)
do as you suggested with my IIIf (strap secured). It got off with only a
minor repair to the forced rewind lever (thank heaven for Bill
Crispien).

The kids definitely don't get the M's, and won't get to touch the LTM
for quite some time either. They are currently using Olympus XA-2's
which I have picked up at the Thrift stores for less than ten bucks
each. I have also picked up some Pentax Screw mount cameras with lenses
from the same Thrift store for 15 bucks each when they have graduated to
something a bit more advanced (probably age 8). I'll save the used
Leica's for them for graduation if they seem interested at all.

Regards, David