Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Leica] loose old caps]
From: "David L. Duff" <duffdl@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 14:34:47 -0700

- --------------529F12A22DAA

Chris, hope this gets to you, had trouble posting to LUG on my end.
David

- --------------529F12A22DAA

Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 14:18:39 -0700
From: "David L. Duff" <duffdl@ptld.uswest.net>
To: summarex@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Leica] loose old caps

Christopher Nauta wrote:
>    Has anyone devised a clever way to revitalize those older front lens
> caps with the cloth grippers? ...
> Best to all,
> Chris

Chris, at several hardware and "home improvement" stores I have spotted
these self-stick felt spots (or better yet sheets) that are used as
coaster feet for things placed upon furniture, ie. lamps, vases, etc.
(they are almost always green). You can cut the spots (the sheets are
better if you can find 'em) to fit inside the cap where the old felt
went. I've rebuilt an old Summitar cap that way.
They also work great on the bottom of LeicaMeters. My MC and MR-4 meters
no longer leave scratches on top of my M bodies because of these
"spots".
You gotta keep these clean on the bottom of the meters tho' or they make
nice sand-paper on that top finish.
Regard, David Duff.

- --------------529F12A22DAA--