Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Advertising, was How could the R8 be bettered?
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:15:37 EDT

I am responding to the comments I made about it being my experience that bean
counters screw up the quality of the product of just about every
manufacturing enterprise with which they become involved.  You have now told
me the Leica USA president was a bean counter and was doing a good job but
the Leica Germany bean counter was not doing a good job and was replaced. I
am not sure we are talking apples-to-apples since it is my understanding
Leica USA does not manufacture the cameras and lenses that are sold to the
public.  I am still not aware Leica USA manufactures anything.

Now, our bean counter has an opportunity to shine by resolving the M-6
pressure plate problem so the pressure plate does not scratch the film.

Let's keep an eye on how this problem is handled by Leica USA.