Subject: [Leica] OT: Hasselblad
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:58:24 +0200

> Just out of curiosity, since you live in Sweden, is Hasselblad stuff
> cheaper in Sweden then in other countries?

First off, I'm not into Hasselblad (yet) so take what I say with a pinch
of salt.

Hasselblad *seems* to be cheaper in Sweden than in many other countries,
dispite the fact that Sweden is a very expensive country for capital
goods.  I don't know about the new stuff, but the second hand gear seems
to be somewhat cheaper than the comparable listings in US magazines that
I buy.

Perhaps one of the major benefits is that there appear to be a fairly
large proportions of amateurs who use Hassy's in Sweden, compared to
abroad.  For SH purposes, this translates into (typically) less used and
worn gear.

For some prices, check out the following web sites:

  http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-39670/lager.html#hasselblad
  http://www.schoenherrsfoto.se/beg.html
  http://www.secondhandphoto.se/hasselblad.htm

The usual disclaimers apply: I have no affiliation with these or any
other shops.

For price conversion: All prices are in SEK (Swedish krona).  At the
time
of writing, 1 US$ = 8 SEK, roughly.  So, a price of 9,500 SEK for a
SWC in B- condition would translate to US$ 1187.

Swedish second hand stuff usually follows the following grading scale:

 AA: New (with papers and box)