Subject: Re: [Leica] X-raying of films
From: "Gerry Walden" <photos@gerrywalden.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:58:30 +0100

Reading all the posts, and being well aware of the risks (having had some
film ruined by an idiot of a security guard in Boston), I just wonder why we
all carry so much film with us.   I am as a bad as the next person for this.
I recently flew to Italy and took all my film with me, and then fretted in
case it was affected by the x-ray.   It is not as if Italy is devoid of
film!   I do the same when I fly to the States, and yet I know I have
contacts there who will get me what ever film I want with no hassle what so
ever (and probably at a cheaper price than here in the UK!)   We are strange
people, aren't we?   But then, not as strange as the requirement at Boston
Logan that required all the passengers of a BA flight from Heathrow to have
there hand baggage x-rayed for bananas.   I was on the aircraft and we were
prewarned when the hostess insisted on collecting all used banana skins and
uneaten bananas prior to landing.

Gerry (UK)
www.gerrywalden.co.uk
photos@gerrywalden.co.uk