Subject: [Leica] OT: Leitz Focomat I
From: "Bill" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:28:22 -0700

Gentlepersons:

Would anyone happen to have a copy of the manual for the Leica Focomat I?

I recently acquired one of those beasts (a gift from the spouse who felt it
suited my personality and would interface well with the rest of the
Leitz/Leica gear).  Specifically the enlarger column is wobbly.  I suspect
that a pin (screw?) that stabilizes the column has been sheared off.

I find I do not have the information resources to figure out what should be
where.  The lens is labeled "E. Leitz New York 50 mm f4.5" and the stops are
labeled from 1 to 6.  There is no serial number nor manufacturer name visible.
There is an attachment that causes these stops to act as click stops.  The
lens appears to be a 39 mm mount, but because of the barrel extension on the
lens, I cannot get it to focus on any other enlarger that I presently have.  I
don't want to start taking things apart without having some idea of what
should come apart (sigh).

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,  Bill Larsen
ohlen@lightspeed.net