Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm or 24mm?
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 06:01:40 -0700

Austin,

I opted for a 21mm, but mainly because I've got a 28mm which I've started to
use more and more. BTW, the latest version of the 28mm f2.8 lens is really
remarkable, but often seems to get overlooked in discussions. For many years
I also used a Nikon 20mm, so that's a focal length that I'm used to. For a
couple years I used the Nikon 24mm-120mm lens as a travel lens (I've since
sold it) and while it wasn't a bad lens for a slow zoom, I kept finding that
I wanted to go wider than the 24mm range.

Whether I have to use an accessory finder is not a factor with me - I wear
glasses and find that even with the 28mm on an M6 I prefer using the
accessory finder.

As I'm sure you'll find, you'll get the opposite advice as well. You have to
decide what lens is right for you - and you need to take into account the
other lenses you already own or plan to own in the future.

Bryan