Subject: Re: [Leica] art, manual focus & other misunderstanding
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 12:23:30 -0700

Eric,

>>You guys don't get it. My point was that I can fake pictures all day long.
I dong find his pictures all that compelling, because I know that with
money and models, I could do the same.<<

Does this mean that your talents extend to doing the same as anyone who
employs models? Avedon, Penn, Newton, Kertesz, Beaton?

Or are you just very unfamiliar with the body of Doisneau's work?

Photojournalism and art can and do overlap. But its pretty presumptious to
belittle one by making a claim like that above. The world of photography
encompasses much more than photojournalism.

Bryan