Subject: [Leica] Re: Pulitzer prize
From: JIB <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 02:41:34 -0700

    I am not sure that being nominated for a pulitzer, is really a test
of one's photographic ability.  A few months a go we had a tragedy after
a basketball game a young man was murdered outside of the arena at the
Palestra (Univ. of Penn).  A guy who had an auto everything camera with
built-in flash was walking down the street,  he got the shot.  He has
been nominated for the Pulizer.  I met this young man and his attitude
is "If I aint gonna get no money what is the big deal."  I have a lot of
friends that have paid their dues, and worked there butts off and have
never even been considered.

John n3bvh