Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad versus Leica lenses
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 20:03:23 -0700

4Season wrote:

> Uh, what's the point of this experiment, and if Leica had a better wideangle
> lens, would you buy only Leica's lens, even though you really wanted to use
> it with some of the Hasselblad's features? I use these two systems very
> differently: If that were not the case, I would've long since decided on one
> or the other, and been done with it.
>
> Jeff

If the quality if Leica is improving so that the quality of a decently
sized print is indistinguishable from Blads you could sell your Blads
or you Leica's. The Design of the Blad makes you use if differently but
you'd use it much differently if you didn't have it cause you didn't
need it.
I think there are optical reasons in a Medium Format Neg that makes it
hard to contend with in these ultimate quality comparisons with 35. Even
a cheaper Medium format system might produce a result that would stand
ahead of 35, even new ASHP Leica 35. The way to know is someone makes
the prints and sticks them up on the wall and the evidence is there. I
like the idea of the point source and Tech Film. I might usually use 4oo
and a softlight but I like to know what the bottom line is.
Mark Rabiner ...DoRD
Department of Redundancy Department