Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad versus Leica lenses
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:12:45 -0700

RBedw51767@aol.com wrote:
snip
> I think that the qualiity of B&W films and developers have helped to narrow
> the gap between 35mm and medium formats.  Of course, during this same time
> medium format has benefitted as well.
>
> The promise to use my Hasselblad is a commitment.  In fact, I would suggest
> that you take it several weeks beforehand and re-acquaint yourself with it.
> You want to make sure it is functioning properly.snip
> See you later,
> Bob

Bob!
Like the Delta 3200; only it comes in both formats; same as the
developers and most of the films so the quality of medium format goes up
as well as well as 645 autofocus in both rangefinder and SLR versions.
In my mind I thought it would be our ASPH's that might be narrowing the
gap between these kings of their respective formats. (But lets not
forget a Rollei TLR). I don't know if you read how Don is going to make
some 16 by 20's with a durst point source using tech pan of both
formats. That's what got this thread going! We are waiting to hear about
the results.
A Blad system is a serious commitment to master and maintain but if the
gap has closed why bother?
The Gap would have to be pretty darn narrow to part me with my Blads.
I'm rather fond of them to put it mildly and it's mode of working with
its Polariod backs.
Mark Rabiner
The Gap!