Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R camera?
From: Stan and Mary Kephart <KEPHARTOL@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 99 23:51:33 -0500

>>I am thinking of swapping my Eos1N
>>setup and getting into a Leica SLR setup.I would appreciate any feedback or
>>suggestions that any of my fellow Luggers might have.I am unfamiliar with any
>>of the Leica R gear but would prefer an SLR with as simple of a setup as the
>>M6.Thanx in advance...Jim Volkert

Hi Jim,

I just purchased an R7 and have shot a few rolls with it so far.  I find
this camera to be a perfect complement to my M system.  So far I have
only the 60 macro.  This gives me alot of flexibility.  It's not as
"simple" as the M, because it has several automatic modes tho the focus
is manual.  You can also set the aperture and f-stop manually if you wish.
The family pics I took last Sunday on "P" (all automatic) look great.

I'd just like to thank the LUG again for answering my SLR questions as I
was making my decision a few weeks ago.
This is a great list!

Best,

MK

PS It's nice to have Ted back for awhile.  Missed you!  M