Subject: Re: [Leica] EFKE 100 film in HC-110
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 18:45:33 +0200

Mark,

I am in the process of reading this very book right now. It is interesting, and the
authors
have opinions, which is quite refreshing (even if I disagree with their dislike of
Delta films).
I had no idea that vitamin C could act as a developing agent, but even more
interesting is
the possibility of using human urine...this means that even if Kodak dumps B&W and
Ilford
goes out of business, we will always have developer!!! I can just see the
instructions:

To prepare developer: drink 2 pints of Guiness, followed by 10 cl single malt and
1/2 l of
water. To make 1 liter ;-)))

Nathan

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Having just pretty much finished reading "The Film Developing Cookbook"
> (Anchell/Troop) I would extol the use of Xtol. I just had the rewarding
> experience of getting 5 one liter brown glass bottles for mine from a
> Laboratory supply place here in town. You have never seen such nice
> brown glass bottles!
> 1:2 or three should give me or you the qualities I used to get with
> Beutler's with nicer grain.
> I'ts Kodaks last big bang farwell to the world of black and white
> chemestry. And the black and white world will never be the same!
> Invented by Silvia Zawadzki better living with Vitamin C! (sodium isoascorbate)
> Mark Rabiner

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium