Subject: [Leica] copy negs
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:33:57 -0400 (EDT)

Morning LUGgers:

Just to start a new thread I'll tell you what I did with my Leicas yesterday.

A co-worker brought me some old black and white prints of his wife when she
was a child and asked me to make copies (yes I know there are machines that
will do this instantly.

After flattening the prints I used my Leica equipment to phtograph them. I
mounted an M4, loaded with Illford Pan F+ on a cheap copy stand. I attached
a Viso III w/ eye level prism, a universal focus mount and my 65 Elmar (all
German for those who give a d---.) I lit the photos with two 60W light
bulbs at about 45 degree angles. Exposure as determined with a Sekonic
Studio Delux with the flat diffuser then corrected for magnification with a
simple guide copied from a VERY old Leica Photography (30s or 40s vintage)

The exposure calculated at 1/2 second @ f8. I shot each photo at 1, 1/2,
and 1/4 sec. at f8, using a Leica cable release with the Viso set to slow
mirror lift.

All my Leica equiment worked flawlessly as it usually does.

Ken Wilcox

- ----
Davison Middle School                         preferred--->
<wilcox@tir.com>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                              <kwilcox@gfn.org>