Subject: [Leica] Re: SA?
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 21:21:50 +0100

Mary,
Although the SA was never intended to be used on a metering camera and will not
enable readings if placed on one, it is possible to modify the lens to provide
a reading.
This is another of my 'perversities', that I commissioned the milling of the
rear protective ring surrounding the rear lens element so as to allow the
metering cell to 'see' part of the white circle on the M6's shutter blind.
When this is done the M6 can read an imperfect (1 stop low) setting which saves
you having to:
a)    buy a different lens,
b)    take a seperate meter with you
c)    put a different lens on to take a meter reading with.

It's rash but it works,
best regards,
Jem