Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica and Contax reply long
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 14:01:20 -0700

At 01:29 PM 5/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
> The Focus went so I zone
>focused and then taught myself how to fix it with a little screw driver
>which I had to pick up. Despite those 2 problems I am loving my Leica
>more and finding other cameras a distraction.
>
>Mark Rabiner

Mark,

Any possibility of telling us what in particular went out, and how you
fixed it.

Thanks,

Jim

PS... I find that I have the same problem that you did. I take "other"
equipment with full intentions of using it, but don't. I have just about
resigned myself to keeping my R7's and "special" lenses
(15/28PC/100APO/180/350) for my book illustration assignments that need
those focal lengths and features, and use my M camera(s) for all other 35mm
work. But I do use my Linhof when I take it. It is a different class of
photography. Different way of seeing. Different subject matter. Different
intentions.

Jim again