Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica and Contax reply long
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 16:59:40 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> At 01:29 PM 5/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
> > The Focus went so I zone
> >focused and then taught myself how to fix it with a little screw driver
> >which I had to pick up. Despite those 2 problems I am loving my Leica
> >more and finding other cameras a distraction.
> >
> >Mark Rabiner
>
> Mark,
>
> Any possibility of telling us what in particular went out, and how you
> fixed it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
>
> PS... I find that I have the same problem that you did. I take "other"
> equipment with full intentions of using it, but don't. I have just about
> resigned myself to keeping my R7's and "special" lenses
> (15/28PC/100APO/180/350) for my book illustration assignments that need
> those focal lengths and features, and use my M camera(s) for all other 35mm
> work. But I do use my Linhof when I take it. It is a different class of
> photography. Different way of seeing. Different subject matter. Different
> intentions.
>
> Jim again

It was focusing past infinity while what I was focusing on was at infinity.
When you take the lens off the largest most obvious round thing at the
top and very front of the camera has a screwdriver slot in the front of
it. It can be turned with not a very small screwdriver.
You turn it so that tree in the horizon or the horizon itself lines up
as one image. You have to put the lens back on to do this. Off and on
until you get it right.
Would kill for a Linhof just got a catalog brochure.
Mark Rabiner