Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Cosina new lenses
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:11:23 +0200

Jim Brick wrote:

> Well gang, I still don't get it and I'm not sure I ever will.

Not everyone wants a 1.4 in 75mm on a rangefinder.  Not everyone wants
to pay around $2000 (or whatever the going price is) for a lens.  Some
people may want a modern 75mm to fit an LTM camera.

The world is made up of people with different interests and different
tastes.  That is why we have different camera manufacturers, different
lenses for the same camera, and sometimes different versions of the
same focal length, regardless if of whether one of these may or may not
objectively be determined to be superior to all others.

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------