Subject: [Leica] Re: Filter and shades
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 02:08:20 -0700

All Leica lenses since the early 60's have complete UV suppression
"built-in". There is no reason for you to have a UV filter in front of that
magnificent Summicron. It can cause flare and double image ghosting at the
most inappropriate times. See the Leica web site for this same, and even
more information.

Jim