Subject: [Leica] DEMOs Do something about it.
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 23:53:24 -0700 (PDT)

I have to confess, I get a little tired of hearing
people on the LUG bitching-and-moaning about problems.
 The trouble is, that's all some of them ever do is
bitch-and-moan.

If this really is the policy at Leica to sell refurb
product as DEMOs or if you have a problem with the
service and/or attitude at Leica USA, tell it to the
one person who has the power to do something about it.
I am talking about Hanns-Peter Cohn, Chairman of the
Board at Leica.

Bitching-and-moaning on the LUG is not going to cut
it.  50 or 100 or 200 letters and/or FAXs to the
Chairman will get his attention.

Your letter/or FAX should be brief, polite, to the
point and requesting a reply.  Be sure to include your
return address or FAX number.  Here is Hanns-Peters
address:

Herr Hanns-Peter Cohn
Chairman of the Board
Leica Camera, AG
Oskar Barnack Str.11
D-35606 Solms
Germany

To send your letter by FAX from the US dial this
number exactly as it appears below:
011 49 6442 208 425

From other places out side of Germany dial your
international access code and then this number:
49 6442 208 425

After all, how is Herr Cohn, or anybody else at the
Leica home office suppose to know how you feel about
things unless you tell them.  I am 99% sure they do
not read the LUG.

It has been my experience that you will most likely
receive a personal reply from someone at Leica, Solms.

From the US it will cost you about 50 cents to send a
letter and about the same or less to send a FAX.

Go Ahead!  MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN.

Kind regards,
Bill