Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital is here! (arhival inks, too)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 23:26:25 +0200

- --------------9A5080F9B6B5B239D8DF01A8

Euro-LUGgers:

Does anyone know a source for these inks here in Europe? I would love to try
them but the current strong dollar plus the keen interest Belgian customs would
take in the package (with the consequent addition of customs duty plus 21% VAT)
make buying in the US not that attractive.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

4season wrote:

> Doug, here's something more to get you excited: Archival ink kits for
> the Epson printers, including a brand-new quad-tone greyscale kit! I can
> hardly wait to get my Stylus Photo 1200!! I've got the big new Sony
> monitor running fine, I've got Painter 5 and GIMP 1.04 and a ton of
> images--all I need are scans and that printer!
>
> http://www.missupply.com/store.cgi?cart_id=3891733.26614&page=arcinks.html
>
> There are exceptions, of course, but for me, most Ilfochrome prints that
> I've seen, while technically very pretty, lack a certain something. To
> paraphrase a well-known writer, the beauty reaches the backs of your
> eyeballs, and goes no further.
>
> What's a LightJet print (say 11 x 14/A3) go for these days, if you
> supply the drum scan, and how does it currently handle that bane of
> digital, clear blue skies?
>
> Jeff

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

General photo site: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator/

- --------------9A5080F9B6B5B239D8DF01A8

Euro-LUGgers:
to try them but the current strong dollar plus the keen interest Belgian
customs would take in the package (with the consequent addition of customs
duty plus 21% VAT) make buying in the US not that attractive.
ink kits for
I can
that

- --------------9A5080F9B6B5B239D8DF01A8--