Subject: [Leica] Re: LOWEPRO
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 22:33:17 -0700

Dan,

The overall ergonomics of the Tamrac are a royal pain. Trying to unzip, or
zip the perimeter zipper is, well, difficult. There is a flap (rain flap I
guess) over the zipper that very much gets in the way. And because of this,
you have to search for the zipper pull. None of this is true with a
Lowepro. Yes the separators are more padded in the Tamrac, but the Lowepro
system fits tighter (lenses stay put) while the Tamrac dividers are sloppy.
Stuff crawls underneath them and disappears. Reappearing sometime later in
another pocket. The overall design of the Tamrac is sort of loose and
sloppy while my Lowepro's seem to be tight, rigid, better formed. The
reason I have the Tamrac is because it is the only "decent" bag that is
deep enough to hold my Linhof 4x5 on edge, rather than lying flat on its
back. But I'm still looking.

All of my Leica gear resides in Lowepro bags. They are deep enough for my
180 to stand upright, and R bodies with winders to stand upright as well.
Everything fits tightly. Nothing wobbles around.

Jim