Subject: [Leica] Generation X Leica users
From: "Harold Gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:52:30 +0200

Hi

It's interesting to see the Generation X luggers coming out of the woodwork
(where I spend most of my time - and no, I'm not a borer beetle).

I myself am part of Gen X and I have a fair amount of M equipment. I know 4
other Generation X Leica users. I, and all the others use a mixture of Leica
M and Nikon or Canon AF and Manual. I also know a number of Generation X
people who are into classic cars (older Mercedes, Porsche, Alfa, Land Rover,
etc) made before the onslaught of the plastic age.

I think that the disposable culture we live in is becoming a frustration to
many Gen X's because we have to keep replacing everything (it breaks, wears
out, becomes redundant), and that means it's difficult to progress. We don't
have extra disposable income for quality stuff, but I know I have made major
lifestyle sacrifices in order to buy Leica equipment. I'm sure the same
applies to others.

One of the great things about Leica is it isn't disposable and I hope it
never goes that route. If it does, I think it will be just in time to crash
headlong into a Gen X culture which has become sick of the plastic,
disposable culture created by the boomers.

Proudly Generation X

 Harold
(©¿©)

You can send a short text message to my cellphone by sending e-mail to
0837004303@sms.co.za.
Please ensure that mail sent for this purpose is in plain text only.

My e-mail addresses are as follows:

haroldgess@journalist.com

gess@icon.co.za

Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!