Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The LL Bean of Cameras and Pens
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:56:12 -0400

At 04:21 AM 6/10/99 -0700, Jim Brick wrote:
>There is nothing special about where you buy these products anymore. They
>are now just normal stuff.

Mayhaps, in Lunaticville, where you are condemned to live.  I doubt if a
K-Mart in Bumbum, Iowa, will have a Mont Blanc of any sort in its
repertoire.  They most assuredly do not, here in Roanoke, Virginia.  Here,
a "Mont Blanc" (and an "ooh!" at the very saying of the name, is, I
suppose, mandatory) is a special-order item from a jewelry store.

As to your physical problem with normal-sized writing implements, well, I'd
suggest a diet.  In fact, Jim, if your hands have swollen out to the point
where a Cross pen is an impediment, well, shucks, boy, six months in the
Hillary Clinton Clinic for the Chronically Weight-Challenged is probably a
mandate.  Lose weight, Jim:  it will make you feel better, it will lessen
the cost of your eltist writing impliments, and it will prolong your
learning curve on this earth on Leica M.

As my neighbor, the Pope of Lynchburg, puts it, "I'll pray for your
troubles, brother".

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!