Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Useful tripod ?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:49:00 -0800

Harrison McClary wrote:

> What I did to put a strap on my tripod was to get a dog choker coller and
> put this around the tripods head.  On one of the legs I gaffer taped a
> "D" ring.  I then got a short bungie cord and put this around the legs to
> keep them from opening when the strap was being used.

Harrison,
D ring is great idea.  for the leg securement I use a longish velcro
strip made for holding electric cord.  The center or end (depending on
which model you find) secures to one of the legs.  Undo it for tripod
use and it just hangs out there.  strap the legs together, extend one
leg and you also have a monopod.

donal
- --
Donal Philby