Subject: Re: [Leica] More horse-manure
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 15:43:26 -0000

The below exchange is from the Rollei list why is it cross posted
here?!?!?!?  I subscribe to both as do others, but Rollei list issues are
not for the LUG and LUG issues are not for Rollei.  To cross post is bad
nettiquete.

>And today, Marc scolded a member of his Rollei list thusly,
>
>>> Uh, friend:  you are here as my guest.  Understand this, and I am mighty
>>> tolerant for the lot of you, but, pray, do not be stupid enough to post a
>>> note like this to the List.
>>
>And a Rollei list subscriber wrote:
>>
>>A pompous and unnecessarily harsh reply to what was probably
>>an innocent enough question from a subscriber who is likely new
>>to the list.
>>
>>Jeesus, Marc, a polite steering to the welcoming message, for the
>>chap, would have been sufficient to make him aware that the
>>binocular thread is quite properly within the purview of the list.
>>Instead, you took the poor SOB to the woodshed and used your
>>belt on him.
>>
>(subscriber's name deleted)
>
>And I responded,
>
>You think these remarks were in poor taste?  His remarks directed to a
>member of the LUG earlier today were even more insulting!  It's an
>understatement to say he (Marc) made an ass of himself today!

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com