Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: battery covers
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:14:45 -0400

At 02:44 PM 6/21/99 -0700, Jim Brick, parveneu on the LUG, wrote:
>Richard is a  l-o-n-g  t-i-m-e  LUGger.

Actually, a REAL Long-Timer will advise that you, and Erwin, and Doug, and
Richard all appeared on the LUG about the same time, long after I did,
mebbe 9 months or so?

I FELT like a long-timer when you guys wandered on.  Erice had just left,
damn him, and I was on my own without a sparring partner.  Then Erwin
appeared.  Then Jim started damning me for my rifle choices, which he now
denies.

Maybe Doug was on longer than this?  My corporate memory cannot conceive a
LUG without Doug.  He has been here a long and worthy time, for all of his
west-Celtic bull.  (We Picts have it right:  those Gaels, though, gads and
almighty!)

I love you all.  My buddies.  My sparring partners.  The adrenalin rush of
the day is when I get a missive from Jim saying, "yes, BUT", and I've got
to frantically dig through my decaying stack of references.

Richard wants to have lunch next week.  He just moved to my neck of the
woods.  So, we are to have lunch in a restaurant three blocks from my
office where I've never eaten.  He's an eye-docter type.  Hope he doesn't
see the chips out of my glasses I've made trying to figure out HOW Ted got
the cow to shit on him!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!