Subject: [Leica] Visoflex
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:37:36 -0400

At 11:07 AM 6/22/99 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>These lenses were made
>far enough back that I am worrying about their competitiveness on the
>modern market. I would think the Viso would be quickly agreeable to
>adaption from all kinds of other glass.

Well, yes and no.  Most of the Telyt-V line continue to be quite
competitive:  the 5/400 Telyt, second version, is a stunningly fine lens
which I bought for resale and kept because I like it so much.

The PLOOT/Viso I back-focus is 91mm, so very, very few lenses can be
adapted to it other than the intended Leitz (or Kilfitt or Novoflex)
lenses.  The Viso II/IIa/III are a bit more svelte at 68.5mm, so your
options are a bit greater, but not infinite.  For instance, a Viso cannot
be used to infinity even with Leica's own Televid line of spotting scopes.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!