Subject: [Leica] Have High Hopes for Heliar
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:53:41 EDT

Just arrived from the Fieldgrass & Gale in the UK this morning.  Under
$500USD all-inclusive (compared to $850 quoted by a US source).  Can't wait
to try it out.  It's unbelievably light and compact.  If it shoots as good as
it looks, I will probably take it on my European trip, along with the 28, 50
and 90, and leave the 21 ASPH and 35 ASPH home.  In fact a part of me would
like to sell that 21 ASPH altogether and revert back to the SA 3.4.  The 21
is just so monstrous especially with the shade.  Considering I've never sold
a Leica M lens before, it's a long-shot though.  I'll report on my results
with the 15mm as soon as I have some slides to view.

DT