Subject: Re: [Leica] Light leak in M6?
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:00:14 -0500

I have a very similar problem (including the bleeding across the
interframe spacing) with my M3. The suggestion that it might correlate
to changing lenses seems to hold for my prints. I have the problem
across rolls but it seemed intermittant. I thought it might have to do
with flare from a screw that was backing out (eventually lost) inside
the shutter/lens cavity. However, I don't think that explains the light
fogging between frames. I reviewed my negatives and it does seem to
happen during lens changes (and possibly with very intensely lighted
pictures). I noticed the problem on my last travels and I was constantly
going from dark to daylight subjects nearly from frame to frame - so
there were times I wondered into broad daylight after some dark
wide-open pub shooting.

I can't examine the problem any more. I had to send my camera in for
repair after losing a screw (shutter release went inoperative) on the
58th frame after a Leitz shutter repair and CLA on the body. I'll let
you know what Leitz has to say about my problem. I sent them prints and
negatives that illustrate the flare. BTW - in my case the flare is
across the long dimension of my negatives, at the "top" of a horizontal
picture (bottom of shutter?).

Regards,

Roger