Subject: Re: [Leica]Was HCB method/WA lenses/etc.
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:56:22 -0800

csocolow wrote:

> I use Canons for much of my professional work as do several other
> LUGgers including (correct me if I'm wrong) Harrison McClary and Donal
> Philby.

Naw, Carl, I use Nikon SLRs.  I have been looking closely at Canon,
however.  The service, of course, and the T/S lenses.  I don't much like
Canon glass--the character of it just doesn't appeal--but have
considered changing despite the lenses (I can always shoot Leica
perhapsy for the important stuff).  But the features of the Canons are
incredible.  I have been quit happy with Nikon glass, less so with the
bodies, and vastly less so with the service.  My ideal is Canon body and
Leica glass--with all the features of both, of course.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego