Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 film loading
From: "ross mcleish" <cram@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:43:36 +1000

Horst wrote:
Monday, 28 June 1999 22:54

> Any Leica  range finder camera always had  and still has  by far the worst
and
> most idiotic type of film loading system devised by man. >

And also, Horst, potentially the most rigid body design of any rangefinder
(or SLR). I guess it's a case of 'swings and roundabouts'.....what we gain
somewhere, we lose elsewhere, in the opinion of some of the LUG (convenience
in loading).
Call it 'beginners luck', or whatever -- I've just made the decision to get
into the M6 (TTL .72) and 1.4/35mm ASPH -- and have had no problems loading
the film. In fact I was wondering what all the fuss had been about  that.
Maybe just lucky, I guess....
Certainly it was with trepidation, after all the commentary re the troubles
experienced by so many users, and I was quite used to the more conventional
'gates' at the back of SLRs.
Happy loading!
Ross