Subject: [Leica] Re: Last minute advice
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:52:05 -0400

The Leica M system has done for me the things you ask about. Don't expect
the expense to end with a body and 50 Summicron (f2, by the way). It is
just the beginning.

There are many fine dealers in Leica equipment. Have you talked to your
local dealer?

Ken Wilcox

At 09:02 AM 6/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been losing sleep over a possible (imminent?) Leica purchase; new
>M6TTL and new 50 f/1.8.  I've been a long-time Nikon user and will continue
>to be.  Just wanting to; 1) refresh my photography with a more thoughtful
>system (meaning that I will be more thoughtful when making photos as opposed
>to pointing and shooting with an F5), 2) have a camera with me at ALL TIMES,
>and 3) enjoy the experience of using the Leica for what it is, and isn't.
>   I have been reading the LUG for about two months and enjoy it.  Three
>questions; Have any of you felt remorse over spending this kind of cash on a
>Leica outfit (I'm looking at $3000 U.S.), and if so, why?  Will my proposed
>set-up meet my 3 needs outlined above?  Should I buy it at B&H, Chatterton
>or where?
>Thanks in advance for your comments.
>Tim Kamke

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>