Subject: [Leica] Re: OT Fireworks
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:46:23 -0400

Aperture is a guess. Try them all. If it is dark when you shoot from, put
your hat in front of the lens, lock it open on "B", then take your hat off
the lens two or three times during the bursts. Then close the shuuter and
wind on.

Or--shoot some at about 1/2 - 1/4 second hand held for unusual effect.

200 or 400 should work fine.

Ken Wilcox

At 04:04 PM 6/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>With the 4th of July aproaching I plan to shoot the fireworks show in NY
>off of my friends roof.  I have an M3 50 summicron (latest), 90 elmar
>collaps, minolta autometer III (which im thinking of trading for the
>sekonic L308 at some point) and a slik tripod.  I plan to shoot color neg.
>I know that I should be shooting slow shutterspeeds to get the full burst
>of fireworks but how slow? 1 sec 1/2 sec?  Also, how should I set the
>aperture, something tells me a simple incident reading off the roof will
>not be acurate and im unsure of how to utilize the reflective reading
>attachment.  Last question, what color neg film would you suggest I use?
>Thanks for the help.
>--
>Michael Garmisa <elmar@nyct.net>
>NO ARCHIVE

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>