Subject: [Leica] Leica guilt?
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:36:29 -0400

>Have any of you felt remorse over spending this kind of cash on a
> Leica outfit (I'm looking at $3000 U.S.), and if so, why?

It can be tough at first. But then it hits you; that you've got some damn
good stuff and as someone recently posted,  keep that stuff - especially the
real good ones - if you are buying a new 50 summicron, or other keep it!
And love it.  I weigh it out.  If I can get better Leica I'll sell what
usually sits around.  Then at least you do love what sits around.
replenishing stock is healthy.  If you can afford it, keep that old one and
so on.  But I'd rather have two goodies than four baddies. But if you know
you're not going to put money into it (for instance the older 180/2.8 I have
but rarely use now but my priorities would not have me buy the new apo so I
keep it so at least I'm covered in that range.) - hang on to it.  I guess
good advice is buy and keep all you can!  That's what everyone else around
here is doing!  No?
Shmu (derr...tsl)