Subject: [Leica] R-8
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 19:39:05 -0400

From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>

Why is this...   when I had one, an R4s I used it like a throw away camera
but never had to throw it away (until I traded it).  It was treated like
junk and180/2.8 and 28/2.8 was all I used for a while and I blow these pics
up 20x24 and they are crisp and right on, no tripods 100-200asa - quick
shooting, baboons chasing me...  The R7 and 'better' lenses - I don't get
the shots as much.  I've been perplexed about this.
<<<

It's because you had no qualms about risking damage and/or total
destruction.  The more you pamper your camera the fewer pictures you make!
Leicas are not meant to be pampered!

Doug Herr
Sacramento

Thanks!