Subject: Re: [Leica] and personal space....
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:00:29 -0400

The entire difficulty with this topic is the difference between celebrities
and stars and politicos and suchlike who seek the limelight, and those of
us whom the media judge picture-worthy for some calculations of their own.

I do not seek the public limelight.  However, on occasion, I am the target
of photographers due to my presence at some meeting.  I don't want them to
take my picture, but acknowledge the freedom of the press.  In such a case,
the least the cretin with the camera can do is to accomodate my feelings
that I don't care whether or not he is successful in obtaining a picture or
not.  This is his problem:  my income will not be affected one centavo by
whether or not he can understand WHY I would prefer him to be on the other
side of the room shooting me with a telephoto instead of pummelling me with
his damned 2mm super-wide-angle autofocus Nikon superlens.  HE wants the
picture:  it matters neither to my pocketbook nor ego if he is successful
or not.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!