Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome: small prints from slides???
From: Mark Cohen <markc@necronomicon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:56:22 -0700 (PDT)

Harrison,

I doubt that they use ciba paper. Ciba paper is no longer being
manufactured. Its now ilfochrome paper and its cost is about 8.00 per 8x10
sheet. (cost)

The probability is they use type R paper (Reversal) or Type S(G) Paper.

Reversal paper costs about 1.90 per sheet of 8x10 and the lab can buy it
in 5 or 6 inch rolls (1000ft) Which can be run in a one-hour lab type
machine (paper in dark canister which can be xferd to a processor in the
dark)

Printers can print from film before or after mounted and I would recommend
doing it after they are mounted, I don't like the idea of my precious
slide film being dragged through that metal film transport on some of
those machines.

- -Mark

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Harrison McClary wrote:

On 7/19/99 9:31 AM MatthewB@cbia.com wrote

>But where oh where can i get cheap 3x5 or 4x6 prints for the coffee
>table album from slides?

Don't know about Kodachrome but some pro labs around here will do what
they call snap shot prints of the slides...4x6 prints on ciba paper just
like the little ones from negs.  Cost is around .75 to 1.00 per print and
must be done before being mounted.  The prints look really good...much
better than neg prints, but then I have always liked the look of a good
Type R super gloss over any neg medium anyway.

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com